Thursday, October 17, 2013

Warm Fuzzies

Sara does "playtime" every morning while James takes a short morning nap.  I usually take this time to work online in the family room so I can monitor Sara and provide her with direction or conversation as needed.  I am getting all kinds of warm fuzzies listening to her playing.  She is deep in her own little world of imagination:  she's got all her barbies, all her magnetic dollies, all the play food, and all the dollhouses out and organized.  She is using a big Tupperware bucket as the swimming pool, but the dollies only swam for a little because it was apparently too cold.  She then wrapped them up in paper towels.  Those paper towels turned into shawls when the mother doll told the cousin dolls (Kenzie and Kelly) that they weren't dressed modestly.  All the dollies ate a huge feast of oversized food arranged on 4 big plates, and of course they had to eat their healthy food before the treats otherwise their bones wouldn't grow big and strong.  Sara's real snack-an apple-became a poison apple and as such is still sitting on the table.  At some point the dolls got new pets:  2 giraffes and a pink poodle.

All the while, I am just listening to this running dialogue Sara keeps up; many times the spoken words will turn into made up songs, explaining just as clearly what the dolls are doing and saying...one doll is currently looking for "Kenny" and in Sara's song, she went up about 3 octaves, singing "Keeeeeeeennnnyyyyy!  Oh where is my Keeeeeeeeeeennnnnyyyy?  OH, there you are, I'm your wiiiiiiiiiiiife!" Then the song broke and Kenny apparently said, "It's all right, I'm right here-just calm down!"  It is just giving me that warm, fuzzy feeling of truly enjoying my daughter.  She is so happy in this world, and I am so happy for her.  It's a lovely feeling to have.

No comments: