Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Birthday to Jared!

Oh man, I had a 6am teaching session today, and it has been a while since I taught that early.  I must not have slept well last night, because although I set my alarm for 5:45, I did not hear its staticky wake up call until 6:01am; given that Jared took Nyquil last night he was dead to the world.  Ugh.  I must be the fastest computer whiz in town as I managed to log into my classroom while the clock still said 6:01 and thankfully my student wasn't there until 6:07.  Still--I was certainly rubbing my bleary eyes and struggling to speak normally until 35 minutes into the session, not to mention trying to ignore nature's call until 7am....not easy when 8 months pregnant.

 On to bigger and better things!  Jared turned 33 yesterday on October 21st--woohoo!  It was such a pleasure to celebrate his birthday, the kids get so excited about it, and find it so fun to make him goofy cards, sing him their goofy version of happy birthday, and take goofy pictures with him.  Jared and I got to go out and see Gravity on Saturday night for his birthday, plus eat a nice, relaxed dinner at the Cracker Barrell; we had a great time, and seriously loved the movie. It was perfect for me (not that that was the point), as the movie was not overly long and the food portions were perfect sizes.  It has been a looooooong time since we were able to go on a date together, especially one that long, and we were super grateful to Jared's mom for watching the kids.  Plus:  I beat the triangle peg game.  It was awesome!


The kids got to give Jared cards on his birthday, including a huge hamburger card!  I made sure to have a full meal prepped for him when he got home-we had spaghetti casserole, which I am pretty good at, with garlic bread, steamed corn, and a fruit salad.  The finishing touch-a double-layer chocolate cake with fudge ice cream.  It has been a while since I made a cake like that, as we end up not eating all of it!  But Jared and I had talked about making one for his birthday weeks ago, and I think he was surprised that I actually did it!  It was delicious if I do say so myself and the kids' eyes were bugging out when I showed them the final product.

My goal was to make Jared feel special and loved-and he said I over-accomplished that goal.  That's all I needed, and it was such a pleasure to do so for the man I love more than anything in the world.  Love you tons Jared-Happy Birthday!

No comments: