Monday, October 28, 2013

36 Weeks

This is how I am choosing to illustrate my pregnant self right now:



I went in today for my 36 week appointment, which is the beginning of cervical checks.  I am 3-3.5 cm dilated, 50% effaced and at a -2 station.  It doesn't mean anything of course, at least not in terms of when baby will make his appearance.  What it does mean is my body is agreeing with my brain that pregnancy needs to end soon, and thus-it is preparing for that.  :)  That does my mentality a WHOLE lot of good, which is why I honestly look forward to cervical checks-they aren't comfortable, but the info I get is good for my heart.

As long as things keep progressing normally and healthily, we will continue to plan on being induced on Nov. 19th, right at 39 weeks.  My blood pressure was normal if a little low at 110/60; baby's heart rate was in the 130's and measuring right on target.  I lost 2.5 pounds on top of the two pounds I lost 2 weeks ago...I'm not exactly sure why that is happening.  It is normal for me to not gain much if any weight in the last month, but I don't usually lose any.  I have noticed an uptick in nausea the last month or so, and with increased acid reflux, it has been very difficult for me to want to eat late afternoon/evening.  Also, fruits finally started sounding good to me!  So I pretty much live on fruits, water, and meat right now, and small portions since my belly can't handle a ton of food at one time.  My energy levels have also been higher the last month.  All those factors combined, I guess it's not surprising I might have dropped a few pounds, but I don't want that to affect Jackson since this time period is all about him gaining weight to thrive outside the womb.  We'll see what next week holds and I am going to work on eating more frequent snacks during the day.

I always feel funky after physical exams like this that late in pregnancy, so the rest of the day was shot.  I spent the whole morning cleaning JUST IN CASE I ended up needing to head straight to the hospital (probably not realistic, but it's where my brain goes).  It took about 35 minutes to get to Jared's work to switch him cars, another 25 minute to get to my doctor, and longer than that to get home with traffic.  By the time I got the kids, I was spent and ready to go to bed at 4pm.  Not possible of course ;)  I managed to work 5.5 hours for WGU and am now feeling more level and ready to go to bed at a reasonable hour.  Next appointment is a week away for further updates-hoping all continues to be well.

No comments: