Thursday, October 24, 2013

35 Weeks

I realize this is the end of a long haul, and it is very natural to feel this way, but I'll say it anyways:  I feel like I have finally made it.  Up until now, I felt like I had sooooooo much longer to go in pregnancy.  When I hit 35 weeks 2 days ago, I finally felt like I could breathe a little easier (mentally, NOT physically).  With my induction date scheduled at 39 weeks, it is just so nice to think I have 4 weeks to go; less than a month; 26 days.  That sounds so good right now!

I have had a burst of energy lately, but I feel like that is dissipating.  I have had a lot of intestinal issues, a resurge in frequent heartburn/acid, and a lot of round ligament pain.  It is hard to eat right now since there's very little room available and since literally anything gives me acid.  Tums don't work at all, so I started taking an acid reducer daily; I'll also drink some generic Mylanta/Maalox to stop the burn, but it tastes so disgusting to me, it's hard to swallow.  I am super glad I am not having any other, more major issues-my SPD is manageable, my blood pressure continues to be great, no swelling to speak of, just a lot of uncomfortable symptoms.  As much as I vent here, I can handle it until baby comes. I am working on staying active with the kids during the day and laying down whenever I can to keep things stable.  I actually took a nap the other day!  It's been a long time since I have done that, what with my work schedule, which has been crazily maxed out lately.

We will be purchasing Jackson's pack and play over the weekend.  Jared now has a 25% discount, so we'll take advantage of that and just get a basic one since I am not planning to use it after this baby.  All other baby stuff is ready to go, my bag is packed other than a few items I'll throw in last minute (which are written down on a paper in the bag, as I know I won't think of those things).  I do a major clean of the house every Saturday/Monday (depending on how I am feeling) just in case we have to head in to the hospital.  I just laid out linens so we can change our bedsheets before we leave...I know that sounds silly, but I like coming home to a fresh bed after having a baby.  I also just typed up a basic childcare document for anyone who comes to help with the kids.  I redid how the kids clothes are organized, and I am super pleased with how it is working-I think it will make things easy while I am recovering as well.

This will be my last week doing primary on Sundays, and it will be a busy one with the primary program. I have to solidify who will be subbing what weeks while I am out in Nov/Dec.  I have that in the works, but will need to verify before the first Sunday of  November.  I want to completely reorganize the bookshelves in the toy room so the kids have easy activities to pull out and do.  I have a small list of cleaning projects I also want to finish that really don't matter, but will keep me busy while waiting for D-day:  cleaning Jared's closet out, cleaning out the laundry room, organizing/cleaning the cabinets in the kids bathroom, organizing the tupperware and cleaning cabinet in the kitchen, cleaning the back patio, etc.  It really doesn't matter if those things get done in the next 4 weeks, but again, it will keep me busy.  We'll see what I can get done.

I have my appointment on Monday, taking care of GBS and doing the first cervical check-I would be shocked if I am not dilated at all, not that this matters.  I feel like I can read my body pretty well by now, and that's just what I tentatively expect.  I have been struggling to stay dehydrated with intestinal issues, so I am a little worried that will affect various numbers.  My goal for the next 4 days is to drown myself in water and go from there.

That's where we are at for now!

No comments: