Thursday, October 17, 2013

Moldy Brain

Me:  JD, why did you put a question mark on this sentence?
JD:  Because it's an asking sentence.
Me:  What are you asking?
JD:  I'm telling you I went on a basketball court today.
Me:  WAIT, you are TELLING me you did that or asking?
JD:  Telling you.
Me: So does that mean you need a question mark or a period?
JD:  A question mark.
Me:  [facepalm].  But you aren't asking me anything!
JD:  Oh, yeah.  Then I need a period.
Me:  Yes!  Go ahead and change it.  [He does. As soon as he's finished...]
JD:  Hey, where did my homework go?
Me:  Uh, JD.  It's right in front of you.  You just fixed one of your homework pages.
JD:  Oh, yeah.  I forgot.
Me:  JD!!!!!  What's up with you today?  Is your brain going moldy like your pumpkin?
JD:  NO, of course not!  If my brain was going moldy, it would mean I wasn't thinking right.
Me:  Um, JD....you just asked me where your homework was when it's right in front of you and you are working on it right now.
JD:  Oh, yeah.  I guess my brain is going moldy.

I am sorry, but that is the funniest conversation I have had with a kid in a LONG time!

No comments: