Karianna wrote a poem today. I realize that doesn't sound like a huge headline, but it really is just because of the poem itself. When Karianna read it to us, Jared and I both looked at each other and immediately asked Karianna where she had heard it before...we assumed she copied it from somewhere else, it was that good. We grilled her for 15-20 minutes, we were that sure it was not her original work! I know she is a good writer, but there was just something extra about this poem, it struck a chord. I even went so far as to run it through an online plagiarism checker that I use for work-100% original. So with that being said, I have to amend my first statement's punctuation: Karianna wrote a poem today! It is seriously awesome, and she will tell you it's all about feeling peace when things get crazy and busy, and that the wise man represents Jesus-who never changes and is always there for you.
Peacefully
By: Karianna Lautenschlager, age 9
The
sunset unleashes the darkness and settles for the night.
We drift
off to sleep peacefully
What a
calming sight.
Thoughts
crowd our minds.
Dreams
run free
What
else could make us have a rainbow light
Just above the sea?
The sand
rushes wild.
The
waves clash and clang.
The fish swim so swiftly
They
create rain.
Now the
sea is calm and quiet and soft.
The
waves are peaceful
Just
like the wise man-
The
silver moon is bound to guide him.
The sun takes
in the darkness
Children
finally wake.
The sea
is back to normal.
The wise man never changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment