For the first time in six and a half-ish years of marriage, I have to sleep in my own bed without my husband. That makes me sad and nervous and scared. If that makes me a wimp, so be it-I'm still sad. However, I am happy that Jared got to hang out with my brothers-its pretty cool that he feels comfortable enough with my siblings to camp in the middle of nowhere and then play 18 holes of frisbee golf. Talk about the ultimate bonding experience, eh? So in order to quell my sadness, I will be hosting my own movie marathon tonite, and probably hauling Karianna in bed with me when I get tired enough to fall asleep. That's for tonite.
For now, I'll just share a quick Karianna story that is funny enough to make me laugh rather than think about not seeing Jared tonite. I was giving Karianna a bath yesterday and I needed her to scoot over to one side of the tub to make room for JD. The side I wanted to sit in had a tiny black spot; Karianna, being the OCD child that she is every now and then, didn't want to sit over there because of the spot. I pointed out a sponge that was floating in the area I wanted her to sit and told Karianna she needed to sit by the sponge. Instead of scooting over to the other side of the tub where I wanted her, Karianna leaned across the tub, grabbed the sponge, and put it right next to her belly without moving an inch. Then she looked at me and smiled very sweetly, obviously daring me to challenge the fact that she was now sitting by the sponge. How could I argue?
There we go, made me laugh again! Hopefully that little story will keep the home-bound-blues away for a while...
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Let the movie marathon begin! What movies are on the docket? I love a good Napolean Dynamite, or Nacho Libre to keep me laughing! And no, you are not a wimp! Anyone who thinks that is LAME-O! It's called missing your husband, and never wanting him to be gone, not even for one night! Not wimpy at all! I for one hope to never have Eric be gone from me for even one night, if I can help it. I did suggest that I go with Eric and we bring all our kids, but that didn't seem to float their boats. Oh well! Party over here! That was quite the long comment for me! Ciao!
Long indeed! funny you should mention it, I am planning on Napoleon-nothing like completely stupid humor to chase depression out the door! And Hairspray and Miracle on 34th street-nothing that is going to remind me that I am sad!
good luck rach i know you can do it! see, i would have that problem too, but i'm not quite to that stage yet...so i sleep alone every night ;) i'm sure nana will help though!
I would not call you a whimp, but being away from your spouse every so often is part of life and probably healthy. I would equate it to living away from home before you are married...not necessary but an experience which only makes you stronger. The camping trip was sweet, and we had steaks that were better than anything I have ordered in a restaurant!! Thanks for cooking Jared!
For the record, if it wasn't obvious, the last comment was Daniel, not me.
However, I also obviously agree with him, seeing as I was out of town and not able to post a comment on my own. While I certainly don't enjoy being gone from Daniel even for one night, I don't think it diminishes your love or marriage. Stuff happens over the years that necessitates time apart. C'est la vie. I certainly don't want a husband who would turn down a calling in the scouts because of the campouts! Besides, my parents have been married 27 years now, and my dad has to travel all the time for business. He doesn't love it, but he certainly doesn't love my mom any less because it's what he has to do! I've had people self-righteously say that they have a strong marriage BECAUSE they've never spent a night apart and hint that my dad is gone too much. I think that is Lame-o. If you can work your marriage to never spend time apart, kudos to you, but it's okay to be okay with a night apart now and then! Talk about a long comment! Sorry, this obviously hits home for me as the granddaugter of a pilot and daughter of a salesman!
Post a Comment