Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We Love the Zoo!

On Friday night, I had a bad dream. I dreamed that JD fell into the lion cage at the Phoenix Zoo-down into the trench surrounding the actual lion habitat. In my dream, I jumped in after him and managed to get to him before the lion. Problem solved, right? Although I didn't actually dream it, I woke up knowing the lion had eaten him. Totally unrealistic, I realize. Yet, it scared me enough to issue very strict rules about watching JD with an eagle eye when we went to the zoo on Saturday. All the "Tucson Friends" had arranged to meet there from our various homes, and it was great to see everyone! We unfortuneately got split up early on so our time to catch up was hindered, however I was glad to see everyone and let all of our kids hang out together! If you weren't able to make it, we missed you! Here's some pictures from the excursion, and in case anyone is wondering, JD did not fall into the lion cage and my heart rate managed to stay somewhat normal when we were in the vicinity. I call that a victory.

Hanging out with the cousins-Makayla, Karianna, Jarom, and JD. This was the best way to see the animals, I suppose.
The optimal way to travel.
Trying to get a better view. Us parents decided it would be better to not explain what the two turtles were doing in the corner...
Look Mom, I can be a flamingo too!
Watching the otters could seriously be an all day event.
One of my personal favorites-the baboons, who always insist on sitting right next to the viewing areas! I love it!
Me and JD hanging with the rhinos.

The dreaded lion/tiger area-notice that JD is still on the right side of the fence, although letting him stand on it was pushing my heartstrings a little bit....
Playing at the clubhouse with cousin Makalya, until Makayla fell down and had to sit down for a while....
...as a result, Karianna sat at this window with a sad look on her face, watching Makayla get her bandaids and very obviously missing her cousin!
Hey Mom, can I take this home as a souvenir?
We love the zoo! Good times!

No comments: