
It has been a long time since I have been to a Trunk or Treat. After attending our ward's version of it last night, I have come to the conclusion that Trunk or Treating is way better than actual trick or treating. No traipsing up dozens of entryways just to find no one is home; No uncertainty about weird looking houses and less than respectable people; No tiresome walking or carting kids around the neighborhood for hours. It was just perfect and the only change I would have made was to make the Trunk or Treat on Halloween night so we could forego the whole neighborhood trick or treating all together!
The kids had such a blast and it was so fun to see them running from car to car with their friends, so excited to see the decorations, yell trick or treat, and reap the sugar overdose benefits. The main outcome of Halloween celebrations such as this? Tons of cute pictures-and I am actually going light on the ones I'll include below. :) I love holidays!
The costumes: Karianna is Dorothy, JD is the scarecrow (and wouldn't wear the hat for all the candy in the world), Jordan is the lion, and I am the Wicked Witch of the West.

This is my favorite picture of the night! Would anyone believe me if I said those were my real fingernails?

JD getting as close as he dared to this spider decoration.

Hanging with some buds-JD, Sofie, Karianna, Semanee, and Savannah.
Stop the pictures already, I want to get some CANDY!
Mesmerized by a particularly scary trunk.
The cowardly lion being brave enough to let a witch snuggle with him!

We got the loot-lets head home.

This was the first time JD has ever eaten a sucker-he was hooked, as you can tell by the blue ring around his mouth in the next few pictures!

This was Jordan's breaking point-just ready to go to bed. JD was very concerned about the fact that he was crying-he even stopped eating his sucker long enough to tell Jordan, "Its okay Jordan, no crying."

A kiss from brother made it all better. :)

And loves from sister. :) I love my kiddos!
Happy Halloween everyone-I'm going to bed.
1 comment:
Very, very cute! I love the whole theme! It's a good departure from the traditional Disney princesses. I know a lot of little girls being Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty this year! Not that there is anything wrong with being a princess, it's just nice to see a variety! I still have to finish sewing Kaitlynn's Boots costume tonight! AND we have to carve pumpkins! Talk about procrastination!
Post a Comment