Friday, October 3, 2008

They're BACK!

What's back you ask? Park Days! We spent about 2 hours at the Anthem Park today and it was a blast! Not only did the kids have so much fun dodging streams of water, climbing the ENORMOUS jungle gym castle, and playing with stranger friends, we didn't break a sweat once! I was actually feeling just slightly chilled! I think my skin was exaggerating the sensation just because we are so used to being sticky within 3 seconds of entering the sun, so the light breeze and cooler temps were bliss. Going to this park with three kids all by myself is a little scary becuase there are 3 different climbers, one of which is huge and unless your child is fairly adept at climbing, it could be slightly dangerous. I shouldn't have a problem right? I mean we are talking about Karianna and JD, with the latter being a climbing phenom! I guess I should have rephrased my statement then: "unless your child is fairly adept at CAREFUL climbing, it could be slightly dangerous". JD doesn't have any inkling that something might hurt him. However, with all that being said, I finally got up the guts to position myself in the middle of the castle-climber with Jordan and I let Karianna and JD explore it. They had a blast and impressed me with their ability to be careful. So I aplogize JD-I underestimated your greatness, sorry about that.
I didn't have my camara, but here's a few pictures of the park. The first is the huge castle climber, which is seriously the most awesome park accessory I have ever seen, especially since I now know my kids can handle it. The second is the train that will take you around the park, through a mountain tunnel, and back to the train station-it takes about 7 minutes to do the whole circuit. We rode it for the first time and it was awesome, especially for kids who adore trains. Even Jordan looked like he was in wonderland-pretty cool! Needless to say we are going to be spending a lot of time at the park; I love to see how happy it makes the kids to run around, explore, and test themselves. Yahoo for Park Days!

2 comments:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

WOW! That park looks awesome! Is it all free? What about the train? I would love to truck my kids out there to visit just to go to the park! Let me know!

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

It is seriously awesome, everything is free except the train, which is 2.50 a head except for kids under 1. Not something we can do all the time but well worth it every now and then! Anytime on trucking the kids out here!