Monday, October 6, 2008

The Worst of Mommy Judgement

Talk about taking a punch in the gut! Karianna actually took a nap today and when I woke her up, she was excessively grumpy. She kept trying to tell me something, but it was all gibberish in her sleepy state. From past experience, I know trying to calm her only riles her up more, and the best thing to do is to let her calm down on her own. So I tell her to calm down and then come see me in my bedroom. Sure enough she comes in my room after about five minutes perfectly calm. I asked her why she was so sad, and she told me, "I thought you died." Oh no! She must have had a deam or something to that effect and I left her in her room when she was still moving out of a REM cycle. That's the punch in the gut I was talking about and the thing she was trying to tell me in between gabakala and shoometofan. Needless to say I let her know I was just fine and she doesn't seem worse for the wear by any means. Next time I'm going to pay a little more attention to deciphering her words rather than banking on the quick calm down. Poor kiddo!

2 comments:

Kylene said...

Isn't that a horrible feeling! I've been blog-stalking you for a while :) Blogs really are fun ways to stay in contact, especially for us, being so far from family and having so many military friends that end up all over the world. Keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

Whoa ness. I swear Karianna has the mind of an adult just in her own body. That's a great thing of course, she's just like a real person. Not that, say, JD or Jordan aren't, but Karianna's like... THE MAN. There, I said it. And I'm sticking to it. Happy October 8.

Chavez