Was anyone wondering if I survived my night without Jared ? I'm sure everyone was-the world revolves around my blog, right? Right?????? Just kidding! I did indeed survive my night without Jared, and I did so mostly because it was a rather busy night! Friday evening we had to unexpectadly drive into Mesa because an order for our Super Saturday did not arrive via FedEx...the only place that had what we needed was an hour away, which actually ended up being an hour and a half given traffic. So about 31/2 hours later we finally got home, having eaten a drive-thru dinner of hamburgers.
Some hours later, after I was somewhat ready to go to sleep, I went to get Karianna to sleep with me. She was still up. At 1:30 in the morning. She said her stomach was hurting, and after 3o minutes of fidgeting in my bed, she ran into the bathroom and threw up her entire dinner. And yes, I am very sure it was her dinner-obvious clues, if you get my drift. So when we finally went to bed at 2:30 in the morning I was completely past missing Jared and fell asleep within minutes. Probably because I knew my alarm was going to go off less than 4 hours later. So we survived, even though a portion of my bathroom carpet did not.
With that being said, I seriously hope I don't have to ever sleep without Jared again. I had one half an hour of pure anxiety where I was very overwhelmed without Jared here. I would definitely struggle if he ever gets a calling or a job that involved travel. I could deal with it, but it would be quite hard! When he does have to be away overnight again (and I am sure that is inevitable), I am again going to be sad. And I will be the time after that-and the time after that. And yes, the time after that. I don't think I will ever not be sad! I just will never be completely okay with being without my husband, simply because I love him and want to be with him all the time. I don't worry about our marriage falling apart because he's gone-I just plain old miss him. Sorry if that's too mushy :) But it's how I feel and will never change. I'm just glad that Jared understands my feelings and knows they just stem from a desire to be with him all the time. Good thing he doesn't get sick of me very easily!
Okay, on to a few pics! The guys had a great time camping a little bit above Flagstaff. They had what I hear was a very gourmet steak dinner on Friday night and just had fun talking. Saturday morning Jared taught the guys how to shoot (or in some cases just gave a review) and then they proceeded to Snowbowl for an 18 hole frisbee golf course! They made it through....9 holes I think in just over 3 hours!!! Apparently it was a pretty rigorous course, especially for Jared who didn't have the right type of frisbee. Either way, they had fun, the weather and scenery was beautiful, and I know the best part for Jared was just talking to all my brothers-he really enjoys you guys, even after sharing a tent with you! Now that's saying something! I'm glad you guys had fun and didn't get eaten by bears (which I was honestly worried about.).
The Men involves: Stephen, Jacob, Daniel, Robert (all my brothers) and Jared.
Proof that some parts of Arizona do in fact experience all four seasons! I'm jealous!
Setting up the tent-this is the first time anyone has used it, and I am glad to know it will fit our family of 5 just fine when we get around to camping.

I'm pretty sure that Robert is trying to say, "Jared is the best cook in the whole world! You're AWESOME! What up, yo!" Did I get that right Jord?
1 comment:
Okey day, you must read me comment. I am responding in part to Jared's birthday post as well. Jared, you rock. Out loud. And then some. You know more about the gospel than anybody I know, it's crazy to think of all the stuff I don't know about. The campout was amazing, and Jared is an amazing cook. Best steaks I've ever had. Yearly outing at least! Jared's got plenty other places we can go, which is great. Snow Bowl was fantastic, if I do say so meself. Happy belated birthday!
Chavez
Post a Comment