Friday, October 31, 2008

Assurance


Jared and I have a conversation about me going back to work at least once a month. It is always a tough thing to think about because I love teaching, but I need to be with my kids as well. Jared's schedule is so tough right now, the topic has once again come up from the standpoint that it might be helpful for Jared to stay home and just concentrate on studying while watching the boys during the day. I'd be lying if I said this doesn't worry me at all. I worry that the kids would not get the same things from Dad that they would from Mom. Would they get the same interaction, activities, and learning time? Would excessive TV, odd lunches, and overlong naps replace the schedule that I have worked so hard to create for the kids? I know that Jared can do it-after all, he did take care of Karianna the first 18 months of her life. It's just the mom in me that worries.


We haven't come to a conclusion yet, and chances are good that we won't even talk about this until next month. However, our converstaion ended on a good note when Jared made the kids breakfast without my asking him to. For about 10 minutes he built (yes, built) breakfast creations for the kids; they were watching his every move in total rapture. Karianna named the dish "Sully", for no particular reason other than they were watching Monsters Inc. earlier. I was just assured right then and there that Jared could do it if we needed to. He could take great care of the kids, they would love him and admire him more than they do now. I am sure things would not be the exact way I wanted them, but then again, Jared's way might not be so bad. Take his breakfast for example. Point, set, match.

No comments: