Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's the Tongue of The Tiger

Holy crow, I can not stop laughing! Tonite during prayers, JD was having a hard time being reverent to say his prayer. So when we asked him to try it again the second time around he decided the appropriate response would be to stare at us with his tongue hanging out of his mouth. And I literally mean hanging! At first it was quite frustrating-we kept telling him to close his mouth over and over again, but for some reason that just made him open his mouth even wider! I even tried to manually put his tongue back in his mouth. In case you are wondering, it was only successful if the initial goal had been to cover my hand in saliva. I was pretty annoyed at that point and was ready to just send JD to bed when it hit me like a ton of bricks: JD has the biggest tongue I have ever seen. That statement and the realization that came with it was all of the sudden so hilarious that I could not stop laughing. So rather than working on molding my son's actions into that of a respectful child, I covered my face with my non-wet hand and silently cracked up while Jared worked with JD to close his mouth, say a prayer, and end the whole fiasco. I, on the other hand just worked on keeping my laughing under wraps and sh-ing Karianna, who was asking me, "What's so funny Mom?" Seriously funny business, though next time I promise to parent rather than chuckle. JD's favorite animal picture in the whole world looks something like this, and I can't help but think he was trying to conjure the tiger within! I'd say he was successful!

No comments: