Friday, August 15, 2008

When Hot and Humid...

Oh the precociousness of my two year old's brain power! I tell ya, my kids never cease to amaze me.

JD wanted to go outside, so I opened the back door up for him, slipped his shoes on and off he went to shoot a few hoops. A few minutes later I heard the hose being turned on. JD has dragged the inflatable pool into the middle of the patio, draped the hose over the side, and turned it on. I got it, he wants to swim, no problem. I figure it will take the pool a few minutes to fill up and I don't mind if JD plays with the hose while that happens, so I meander off to finish loading the dishwasher. Another few minutes later I head back out to check the progress of the pool. Progress indeed:
When the water was overflowing, JD must have turned it off since that was the case when I went outside. He then very carefully took off his shoes, and sat himself in the middle of the pool, splashing away. I wonder if he realized he forgot about one pre-swimming custom: Taking off your shirt first??? He does not seem to care!

No comments: