Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Makayla!

This post is a tad bit belated, however we still wanted to send a shout out to Makayla on her 4th birthday! We spent Saturday down in Tucson with most of the family to celebrate and the cousins had a grand time chasing each other around, swimming, and eating cake. Its always fun to drive the two hours down to Tucson-seriously! When I was going to UofA, the drive was utterly boring-nothing but brown everywhere you looked. Things have changed so much though; the land between Phoenix and Tucson has morphed into suburbs and remote shopping areas. I still have no idea how you survive in a suburb in the middle of nowhere. Any home that is not within 15 minutes of a Walmart SuperCenter is just not acceptable :) I know, I am sad. Okay, off of this tangent-happy birthday to Makayla! I manned Suzie's camara most of the time, so pictures are way limited. Maybe that's a good thing-who knows!
The birthday girl-we loved the pick-up-your-whole-cupcake pose, which Makayla manned several times for several different camaras.
Taking a break from swimming to cruise.
Karianna and Makayla-these girls are only a month apart and have always been the best of friends! Having Makayla turn 4 only reminds me that Karianna is only a few short weeks away from 4 herself-where in the world did the time go?
Just for kicks, here's Makayla, Elizabeth, and Karianna when they were little-what cute kiddos!!!

No comments: