Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rough Week

This week was a rough week. Thankfully, nothing bad happened, it was just rough. Jared is studying for tests and his masters program a good 50 hours a week ON TOP of working full time. That pretty much results to me spending every spare second with the kids, which really is not bad, it just gets stressful having no breaks or real time for myself-or with Jared for that matter! I miss my husband! :)

It's all for the greater good, to use JK Rowling's phrase (or should I give credit to Dumbledore?). This is just our "law school" season and we have to put our shoulders to the wheel and push until we hit the finish line. This will just be my few seconds to rest from the pushing and complain before gearing up for the long haul! Not really complain-as I said, I love being with my kiddos. I love seeing them grow and say cute things and love each other. However it can be a trial when you are heairng "No" all the time, or refereeing TWF matches (toddler wrestling federation). Now is the time I suppose to really rely on the Lord and trust that this season will have its purpose in the grand scheme of our family's progression.

Tonite Jared and I were downstairs when we heard Karianna come down to join us. All of the sudden we heard her start tumbling at breakneck speed down the stairs. I couldn't get up very easily and all I could do was yell to Jared that Karianna was falling down the stairs-Jared leapt up and ran over there just in time to save Karianna from falling down 13 steps as opposed to 12. She was crying and very scared; thankfully she was not hurt and seconds later was asking for some grape juice ("It will make me feel better [sob sob]"). Silly, sweet little girl. Its moments like that that make me realize how much I love love love my kids and my husband and even though this time in our lives is hard, its nothing compared to the reward in store ie supporting our children and keeping our family strong.

So here goes the shoulder back to the wheel-bootstrings are tied and pedal's going to the metal. Wish us luck!

No comments: