Friday, May 9, 2008

Whoops!


Today is a good day for a Mommy Lecture as opposed to a Baby Lecture. For reasons I'll leave unknown to the general public, I have to take Miralax everyday, which for all intensive purposes is a laxative. No big deal, it dissolves in a cupful of apple juice, you never taste it, does the job it's supposed to. The only catch is it takes about 5 minutes to dissolve all the way, and if you are like me, you need it to dissolve all the way because drinking anything with little particles floating around in it is just gross. So after mixing up the concoction, I left it on the counter for the required five minutes, yet failed to push it all the way to the back of the counter. Minutes later, JD walks up to me with a green snowman cup in his hands, gracing me with a very satisfied smile as he managed to get his own drink without needing to rely on a parent. My immediate reaction? I asked him to take his cup back to the kitchen, our carpet is already stained enough as it is.....I think I got to the word "back" when I realized that cup looked quite familiar. Sure enough, upon closer examination, it was the crystal clear apple juice with a full dose of laxatives hiding in its depths! Argh! I fed my son laxatives for dinner!


So here's the Mommy lecture of the day: If you are going to drink anything with laxatives mixed in it, keep it out of your child's reach! And for some reason, I am thinking the word "duh" fits in there somewhere. We haven't seen the results of my mistake quite yet, but I am supposing when we do, it will be enough of a reminder that I won't need this lecture again!

No comments: