You know, when JD was born, we figured we were in for a long haul with a fairly bald baby. Oh, he was born with a decent spray of very dark hair, but wow did it fall out and lighten quick-he was constantly compared to an old man, and I believe my family can vouch for that! I am sure there were many an occasion in the last two years where Jared and I WOULD have had a lecture with him about hair proliferation. Now I never did because I thought it unfair to put that responsibility on an infant turned toddler. Can you imagine? "Come on JD, you need to start growing hair on that little head of yours! I know you are proud of showing off your soft spot and suture lines and all, but now is the time to encourage head growth not baldness! I promise I'll brush it every day and keep it washed and clean and once you get embarrasing curlies in the back, I'll snip them, no problem! I also promise I'll love you either way-you could be bald your entire life and I honestly wouldn't care, you'll still be my wonderful JD who always makes me feel calm and happy. But lets go out with the old (literally) and in with the new-what'do you say?" Yeah, a little too much pressure. He'll get enough of that when he is older. Jared would probably take a little bit of a different route-picture a rain dance, but use "rain" as the operative word. When I say the phrase "hair dance" what do you see? Tossing fake hair in the air? Sprinkling it over JD? Fasioning hair fans and dancing with choreography fit for 'So you think you can dance'? Hmmm, maybe Jared should comment on this when he reads it :)
In any case, whatever we did, lecture or not, must have worked because its finally happening! Our infectiously happy little guy has a lovely head of hair-just enough to style and comb, and no, I definitely did not cut off the little curlies! Too cute! But when a toddler gets enough hair on his head, and you combine that with Uncle David and a comb, this is what you get-Mohawk Mania! Now that's one cool kid!
I have a feeling Jacob in Japan will like this entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment