Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Beauty of SLEEP!




Here's the conversaton that started it all! Okay, so maybe this conversation is a little one-sided, but I'll just maintain that Jordan is such a smart 3 month old that he understood everything and had tons of feedback in the form of "ah, ooh [burp]". You know what they say about mothers and baby talk-only they understand it, and I am positive Jordan was agreeing with everything I said about this topic of sleep. See, Jared has been studying like a crazed maniac for a financial planning certification test he's taking in a few weeks. I usually stay up late with him so when he puts the books down, I can quiz him about what he's read. It's a pretty hilarious conversation to listen to, especially if you are connected to my brain becaues I have no clue what I am talking about! Jared has explained a bond to me a billion times and I still have no idea how to use it in a sentence! On these nights sleep comes in last place, especially when little Jordan needs his bedtime meal. On this particular night, he decided squirming was more important than being a responsible infant and going right to sleep in his cozy bed. So we had a discussion, and it went something like this; want to guess what Jordan did after we were done? I'll give you a hint-look at the picture!


Jordan, you need to go to sleep. See, sleep is pretty important. And when you get older like mom and dad, you are going to want sleep all the time; I mean, you will want to go to sleep at 8 every night just because it is so fun to sleep! So why don't we do this, why don't we just start practicing right now! You can snuggle in your blankie, watch the light from the street for a few minutes, count a few sheep, and then just close your eyes and sleep. And you know, when you are an adult you really don't need to be rocked to sleep or insist on squiriming every few seconds.....okay, most adults don't need that. So lets practice that too-and you can grow big and strong and thank me for allowing you to go to a nap when you are a two year old (because I am sure you will do that, just like your brother and sister.....). So how bout it? Want to go to sleep? I thought so-good answer Jordan. What a smart dude-its happening already!


No comments: