Friday, May 30, 2008

How do you know????


How do YOU know when your child needs a diaper change? Is it a smell? A change of color on the day's outfit? A particularly hardy grunt? I've had all of those with three little ones in the house, but the best hint that I've ever received in terms of needing to change a diaper came last night. Jared and I were talking to our neighbors and the kids were running around with their dog Wrigley. JD was just in a dipaer and a shirt as he decided to go swimming with his pants on. As we were chatting, all four of us adults noticed the dog chasing JD around a little more urgently than usual. JD ran to Jared and threw his arms around Jared's legs. That's when Wrigley pounced on JD's backside and started sniffing the bottom of his diaper....bottom....however you want to look at it. We all busted up laughing because we realized Wrigley was probably trying to figure out this new scent and what territory it was marking! Now that's a call for a diaper change if I've ever seen one!

No comments: