Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two strong little legs!!

When Karianna was a baby, she had really strong legs-she pretty much came out of the womb being able to bear all her weight on her legs. We could stand her up against a couch and be okay for a minute or so before she would tumble over! We thought this was a super cool feature of our first baby girl and it will probably be one of those facts that we remember until she is old and gray! So if you thought that was cool (and really, who wouldn't?!?), baby Jordan is perhaps even more sturdy on his legs! He's had the same uncanny ability to just bear all his 11ish pounds of baby body on his two little legs and actually do pretty good! So we decided the other day (okay, I decided, I think Jared thought I was pretty nuts) to see if Jordan could stand against the couch on his own like Karianna was able to do-the only difference is he is a few months younger than she was, so here's the progress:
First attempt-oops, I'm not even sure if I can call this an attempt! Luckily I was standing by-see my necklace in motion as I lunged forward to save Jordan's poor head? He doesn't even look like he cares that he's falling :)
Second attempt-not too bad, can you tell he is squating though? Gotta work those leg muscles-no pain no gain!
Third attempt-major progress, he's standing all the way, but his head is still hunched over. AT this point, I was surprised he wasn't rebelling against my mommy whims.
Fourth attempt-SUCCESS! Standing nice and tall, and I think we had him there for about 20 seconds before his legs started giving out on him! Yea Jordan! I knew those kicks in my belly were indicative of something!
And this is where he ended up, needing a rest! Don't blame you bud, what a great baby! I love this little guy!

No comments: