Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Recognition!


The past month or so has been so great in baby Jordan's life because its the time period when he really gets interactive. He started giving of little smiles at about a month old, started cooing and ga-ga-ing a little bit after that, and has now grown into full blown interaction with all of us-mom, dad, Karianna, and JD! Anytimes someone has a conversation with him up close and personal, he just smiles up a storm and keeps up his end of the conversation as well (this little guy can hit notes that I can't sing on my best days! How do babies do that???). I love this time of babyhood!

One of my favorite conversations with Jordan right now is the one I call "Recognition", because that's truly what it is! Jordan starts off darting his eyes all around the room, trying to find something to focus on. When his eyes land on mine, he just stares at me for a second, and I know that's my conversation starter cue: Helloooooooooooooo baby Jordan! Somewhere during the lengthy "oo" part of the word, Jordan just breaks into the biggest smile you've ever seen and this little light pops on in his eyes that very clearly tells me he totally knows I'm his mom! And the best part is he starts jabbering away, and I could almost swear I've heard a hi in there every now and then! Its so amazing to me to see how much he grows every day-this sweet little boy who has so blessed our lives. I feel so blessed to have him here with us and to be honored enough to be his mother. These little moments of recognition are only the beginning! This is my first mother's day in the 3 kid club, and boy is it great!

No comments: