I am so excited to begin this tradition! We didn't get to do it much last year, so even more exciting to revive it!
Our family loves the Christmas lights at the temple-who doesn't? You totally don't even have to be a member of our church to enjoy them, they are just beautiful, and a wonderful remidner of the reason for the season. Our family tradition is to go every Sunday evening as soon as the lights are up after Thanksgiving. Tonite was our first night going, and as usual, the temple looked glorious....the lights were pretty nice too. :)
I love the conversations that are ignited when we visit the temple as a family. Karianna ALWAYS asks us to show her the bench on the temple grounds where Jared proposed to me. JD and Jordan tend to ask questions about geting married in the temple (go figure-shouldn't that be a girl question?). And then Sara is in the background parroting everyone else's comments just o make sure she is included, ie, "I'm getting married in the temple too!" James was wide-eyed the whole time as all babies are during their first temple visit-I LOVED his expression so much, it just reminds me of how much I have to be grateful for when it comes to him.
All of my kids-they make me so grateful for LIFE in general. I know Jared doesn't necessarily like the crowds that accompany a walk around the temple lights, but he did a great job making sure this family tradition stays alive. Of course we snapped some pics while we were there. Happy Temple Lights Season!
Sunday, November 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment