Friday, November 2, 2012

Doctors, Doctors, and More Doctors

This was the week of doctors.  Every single kid had a doctor's appointment this week-some had two!  I usually don't mind going to the doctor with the kids, but this time around, with so many appointments packed together-I am definitely okay NOT going to the doctor with kids anytime soon.  Here's the lowdown:
  • Karianna had her 8 year check up!  She's in the 25% for weight and the 70% for height.  Her eyes actually showed 20/20 vision, which is great!  She may not need her glasses anymore.  We'll find out more on that when we hit her eye doctor.  Karianna got a flu shot and was super excited (yes, I said excited) to get a nasal dose of the medicine instead of the actual shot.  She does great with shots, but its always nice to not have to do the needle thing!
  • JD got his flu shot and that's it.  :) He just said "Ouch!" and kind of teared up, but otherwise, was pretty brave!  I thought he would do the nasal spray too, but alas, he actually said he didn't want anything in his nose. 
  • Jordan got his flu shot as well-same thing as JD, except he was actually less scared and kind of laughed it off in his nervous way.  He was pretty sad afterwards, but not during.
  • Sara finally had her 3 year well check.  She is in the 90% for both height and weight.  She is doing perfectly in all areas.  I specifically asked the doctor about her feet because when she walks her toes turn in quite a bit.  The doctor checked out her legs and didn't feel any malformed bones or joint issues.  He did recommend she wear a good pair of sneakers for a "season", ie, winter, and see if that helps correct her problem.  Sara wears sandals all the time, so I'm hoping a more formed shoe will help the issue.  Sara also had a flu shot.  Oh dear. I'm so glad the other three kids were so brave because Sara made up for their lack of tears....and cries.....and screams.  :) I expected that though, and to give her credit, she actually didn't cry as much as I was expecting.  She kept saying, "But that needle hurts me!"  She was right!  She finally calmed down when I told her it was James' turn and she could watch him.  She stopped crying and got very concerned for him.  She ended up holding his hand and when he started crying she kept telling him, Its okay James, its all done.  So sweet!
  • James is the one who had to go to the cardiologist twice and the pediatrician once.  He had his echocardiogram on Monday and his actual consult with the cardiologist on Tuesday.  He also had his pediatrician appointment on Monday.  I think he is just done with doctors!!!! 
And with that, we are done with doctors for a while.  Not really.  I need to schedule Karianna's eye appointment as well as reschedule all the kids' dentist appointments.  We were supposed to go to the dentist this week, but I was seriously just that inundated with medical appointments, I decided to cancel.  The kids missed some part of school nearly every day this week-that says something. 

No comments: