Monday, November 19, 2012

Being Creative

I am making a goal this year to be more creative-for Christmas, that is, this creativity has to have a time limit so the expectations for myself are realistic.  Creativity takes time and energy, and sometimes, those two items are just not readily available!  Nonetheless, I started off by making two Christmas items.  The first was actually a freebie I won on facebook: a pack of 25 cards that list something to do in preparation for Christmas-kind of like an advent calendar.  I strung the cards in front of the fireplace using clothespins.  I hot glued mini bows to the clothespins and write the date on each clothespin.  When we hit the 1st, I'll have a kid take the card off that pin, and we'll do whatever activity is on there.  Such a cute idea that I really can't take credit for since it was a freebie, but I'm actually using it!!!

 The second thing is a wreath that I made-and I didn't even go to pinterest for inspiration!  ;)  I bought the ornaments at the dollar store and used a wood wreath I had from last year on Christmas clearance.  I used the rest of the mini bows from the Christmas countdown craft and with a little hot glie, I had it together within a few hours or so.  I love how it turned out-I love Christmas colors, they put me in such a good mood!

No comments: