Thursday, July 3, 2008

Swimming Lessons!

Karianna has just finished out her first week of swimming lessons! I am so proud of her, she has not done a ton of non-floatie swimming, and week one of lessons has flown by without any crying, whining, or "I don't want to"s! In addition, each day Karianna has enthusiastically told me what she learned, how much fun it was, and that she wanted to go back the following day. I think that last thing speaks volumes!
Here's a few pictures of swimming-I couldn't get the best of shots because leaving a floatie-less JD alone for very long within a few yards of a pool is never a good idea (especially when today was just blistering hot-we actually had to use the battery operated fan I bring every day but haven't had to use until today).
Swimming on her belly with teacher Sara.
Jumping into 13 feet of water! Sometimes Karianna is brave enough to do it by herself, sometimes she is not-thus she gets dropped in! I am so proud of her though because each time she kicks herself back to the surface, which is just way better than being rescued.
Pulling herself out-another minor thing that she has learned, but has been quite helpful!

Waiting for her turn on the slide!!!!
Just popped out of the slide!
A few of her classmates.
Having fun pool side!

No comments: