Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Day in the World of Jordan

Here's a few events from the last few days that Jordan wanted to tell the blogging world all about:
  • After 2 long weeks of obviously needing to eat baby food but not wanting to let the villainous spoon win, Jordan finally compromised with me on the baby food front: he will eat as long as it is not rice cereal. How odd, after two kids who ate rice cereal exclusively for about a month before I introduced any other foods! Jordan wouldn't touch the stuff but gets nervous if I can't get the sweet potatoes in his mouth fast enough! So I will call this a great success for Jordan, one that has its downsides, and its perks. Perk: The sweet potatoes are actually going in. Downside: The sweet potatoes eventually come out (point being, they are orange....and I am assuming Jordan's clothes and diapers will match that on a daily basis).

  • Jordan has a new favorite toy-his feet. I am betting any mom will tell you this is so much fun to watch-I get a kick out of watching Jordan very deliberately snag a toe in midair and delight in the realization that this "toy" is somehow attached to his body. Even funnier to see him try to get that "toy" into his mouth. Fun Stuff!


  • The other night I asked Jared to hold Jordan while I took out a load of clean laundry. While I was thus employed, Jared tried to multi task by helping JD get into pajamas. That didn't work so Jared just added Jordan to the pile of clean clothes (although the clothes he is wearing very obviously do not belong in the clean pile).

  • I personally think this last little video is hilarious. This is kind of what our home is like on a daily basis-loud. :) Jared is trying to record a very slap-happy Jordan who was cracking up at everything I was doing. In the background you can hear JD yelling "cheese" over and over because he thinks Jared is trying to take a picture of him. Then there's me trying to get Jordan to laugh and trying to shush the kids. And then to top it off you hear the microwave beep amidst all the other noise. If you listen closely, you'll hear Jordan cracking up a storm. And just so everyone knows, my hand was on the back of his head-otherwise it might appear as if his head was being manhandled a little bit!

No comments: