Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Plain Old Silliness!

A few silly moments that bring a smile to my face...

Up For a Drink?
JD is working on saying the "s" sound; sometimes the "j" sound translates to a "g" as well. So whenever he asks for apple juice, he ends up asking for "Apple Goop". So our family no longer drinks apple juice-just apple goop. Sounds yummy. I crack up everytime I hear it or say it (because yes, I too have joined the JD bandwagon).

Portrait of a Husband
Rachel: Karianna who are you going to marry?
Karianna: Mama, I am not going to marry anyone, a boy is going to marry me!
Rachel: (chuckle, chuckle) Well, what does your husband look like? Is he short or tall?
Karianna: Short like this (she holds up her pointer finger and thumb about an inch apart).
Rachel: What color of hair does he have?
Karianna: Black.
Jared: Is he a returned missionary?
Karianna: Yes, like Jakie.
Jared: Is he a worthy priesthood holder?
Karianna: Yes, he can do blessings and baptize me (hopefully she'll already be baptized).
Rachel: Where are you going to get married?
Karianna: In the temple in Show Low.
Rachel: Do you mean in Snowflake?
Karianna: Yes, I mean in Snowflake.
Rachel: How old are you going to be when you get married?
Karianna: When I am 3 years old (Yikes, she's got a month!).

Needing a Nap
Since I've been pretty stressed out lately, Jared very kindly let me go to the pool by myself yesterdy while he watched the kiddos. This is like, a major treat for me! After swimming in the lap lane and reading for a while (I tend to walk around in the pool while reading a book), I decided to head to a jacuzzi, which is just the coolest luxury in the world, and one that I miss when I am pregnant. Anyhow, I was relaxing in the jacuzzi and out of the corner of my eye saw something floating towards me. It was a baby lizard, and very obviously dead in the hot water. I watched him float by me towards the gutter and right before he was swept in, I said to him without thinking, "That must have been a very painful way to die-sorry". It was only after he disappeared from sight that I realized I was talking to a dead lizard (although talking to a live lizard would not have been much better). I couldn't help cracking up at myself because my instrictive reaction was not to freak out or move away from it, rather my gut directed me to talk to it.
Silliness-I need a nap.

No comments: