Friday, July 25, 2008

My Kisser of a Kid!

There's a question going around the Senseless Summer Survey (reference all my Tucson friends) that is definitely applicable today: What made you happy today? Well, my answer for today is JD! He is a KISSER! Thankfully that does not apply to girls yet (Jared started kissing girls in kindergarten-I am sure he will not appreciate me divulging this information). Nonetheless, JD is such a loving little guy and not at all afraid to show his emotions which is just great!

After we dropped Karianna off at tumbling this morning, he and I were playing with dinosaurs in the hallway. He took each of the 8 dinosaurs that were in the bag (don't know how so many accumulated) and proceeded to kiss each one of them on the head. Then he had each of the dinosaurs kiss me. And then he had the dinosaurs kiss each other-the mama, dada, baby, rexie, and all the others he has specifically named. And then he looked at another little boy sitting a few yards away and obviously considered having the dinosaurs kiss him. The little boy hid behind his mother-I don't necessarily blame him.

Then when we were reading JD's favorite book, No David, he gave the illustrated David a kiss when we got to the part where David says he's sorry. As if that weren't cute enough, JD decided to play hide and seek: he would run down the hall, hide in the doorway of an open classroom, and then run back to me and Jordan as fast as he could. Once he reached Jordan, he would give him a huge hug and a very vocal kiss- "UMMMMMMMMMMM-MWA!" Try saying that outloud right now-you'll get the drift. He did that about 10 times.

The sweetest part of his kissing rampage came about an hour ago when I put him to bed. He was pretty sad that I wouldn't let him take a paperback book about sharks to bed with him, so he was covering his face with his arms while I sang songs to him. We always name several body parts before we say good night; since he was being sad, I started pointing to his eyes, ears, chin, and nose while naming them myself. When I pointed and labelled his cheeks, he broke his code of silence. He put his palms on both of my cheeks, pulled my face to his, and gave me a kiss. He did that three times. Then we sang the Barney song, and he gave me "a great big hug and a kiss from me to you". It was so sweet, and just made me so happy that I have such a wonderful and loving 2 year old. He sure can try my patience, and it is a miracle that he has not had to visit the hospital yet given his obvious career goals (stunt devil). But these moments remind me of how much I adore my kids and how much I love being a mother!

No comments: