This is our pet fish. In the above picture, he is actually dead-I just thought it was somewhat morbid to take a picture of him floating at the top of this cup, so I was stabalizing him. Karianna was sad when she found him floating tonight around 6:45pm; I realized I had no pictures of her first pet, which is why I snapped this one. During the process, I realized his gills were still moving-and then I saw him gulp in a huge mouthful (gillful?) of water. We were all certain he was probably on his way out, that was just his final tribute to life. But then it happened again, and I found myself wondering if there was something to salage. Jared suggested I push him under the water to let the water travel through his gills as a way to resucitate him-fish CPR, essentially. I was doubtful, but did it for a few minutes. What do you know-the fish started gulping water faster and faster, and some fins started to flutter. I did this for about 10 minutes, and before we knew it, he was swimming around trying to keep his body from turning to the side in the dead-fish-float. When all was said and done, the fish was back to normal, as if nothing had ever happened.
So the fish is officially alive! We have no idea what happened, and the kids have deemed it a miracle-it was a great object lesson to explain what resurrection is realy like! James is still walking around saying "fish die". In any case, it was an interesting experience to save our fish' life and to share that with the kids. Jared and I are officially heroes!
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment