- Jackson is growing like a weed! He is approximately 15 pounds, and 26 inches long!!! I don't have percentages, that's just what he was at his cardiology appointment!
- Jackson is starting to move a ton more. He started rolling this month from tummy to back, and rotating himself on his play mat. The other day, I put him on his mat to play with his toys, and when I checked him not 10 minutes later, he was just shy of having turned a 180. He LOVES to arch his back and turn his head all the way around to look at what's behind him...sometimes that's frustrating, like when I need him to go to bed, or when he's in the swing and he manages to nearly fall out! He hasn't rolled back to tummy yet, but he can get about halfway before just deciding to rotate instead.
- Jackson loves to hold things. He will grasp toys for a few moments, and he loves to get a good grip on his blankets. He also loves to shove his fists in his mouth, his blanket in his mouth, and cover them with slobber. He will also bat at toys with more purpose.
- Jackson talks so much, and it is so adorable! If he is well-fed and I start talking to him, he will just coo and squeal and squeak back at me! He has these adorable little, sighs of contentment where he says the "m" sound, and I just like to think he is trying to say my name.
- Jackson giggled! That was probably my favorite development this month, coming on Valentine's day. He was just so happy, the giggle erupted and made my day! He loves to smile, and will smile at pretty much anyone who smiles at him. I just love how happy he looks when he smiles at me first thing in the morning or after a nap, or after he has been sad. His smile stretches for miles and usually ends with him looking away shyly....so adorable! With Jared, he tends to get this spark in his eyes, like he knows it is playtime-that's the way it has been with all the kids!
- Jackson is sleeping great! He usually nurses the last time around 11:30pm and then sleeps until 7am. I am at the point where, IF he wakes in the middle of the night (which is rare now), I will usually just retuck him with his binky to go back to sleep, or I'll put him in his swing to doze off. If he doesn't go back to sleep or seem content in 5 minutes, I'll feed him, but those moments are getting even rare-er. It's nice to feel like I have a solid chunk of time for sleeping. I just need to work on getting him to bed earlier, and then I will be fairly content with his sleep schedule at night. Daytime naps are still when he wants them, but I feel like he's too young as of yet to force a nap schedule.
Those are the biggest updates from this month, though I am sure there are more I could share! We love Jackson, he is such a joy and such a happy baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment