Saturday, February 8, 2014

Jackson's Baby Blessing

We had the privilege of blessing Jackson in church on Sunday, January 19th.  We were not anticipating blessing him until the first Sunday inn February, however with Daniel and Carly moving to Utah, we felt it important to try and get the family together before they left.  Thankfully, all parties involved were pretty amenable to that plan, and we proceeded as scheduled!  

The Before Shot (this is deja vu from another post I just put up....)  A seriously happy camper!  Full tummy clean diaper, no cares in the world!  Of course, in true baby form, when I took him out of his carset at church, I smelled the smell.....unmistakably baby poop, the bright organge variety.  For a moment, I though, okay, no biggie, probably pretty well contained in his huggies.  Just to be safe, though, I ran him to the mother's room to see if I could get in a quick change before the meeting started.  I am so glad I did-there was poop everywhere, and had I left it like that for another 10 minutes, it woul have stained his little outfit.  There is one teeny orange spot on his sock when he kicked during the changing.  Needless to say-I feel like we dodged a bullet with that one!


 All stoic in his first tuxedo!  Jackson ended up being awake for the entire blessing thanks to the poop escapade (he had fallen asleep in his carseat on the way).  Didn't matter though-he was a happy camper and was wide eyes when Jared held him up in the traditional "show-everyone-your-cute-baby" pose.  It elicited a good chuckle from the crowd!

 Jared's bessing was beautiful and certainly unique.  It was very focused on Jesus Christ:  learning of him, emulating, and having a testimony of him.  It was simply beautiful, and there was so much emotion in Jared's voice.  I was so very impressed with his words that I know the Lord wanted him to say, especially in terms of encouraging Jackson to follow the Savior in all things and to pray to know his will.  What a wonderful experience.
 This is the best show I could get after church, with no one available to take the picture for me!  Oh well, at least everyone is there and smiling, though the angle is kind of weird!
 The rest of these shots were taken throughout Jordan's cousin birthday that took place about an hour after church ended-again, a great chance to get all my family together before the Erickson's left town.  Although it was a packed house, it was a blast having everyone there, and Jackson was certainly appreciative....at least as appreciative as a baby can be!  Thanks to everyone who came to support Jackson!



 This is probably my favorite baby blessing picture :)
 Though this one is kinda hard to beat! ;)


 A fantastic family picture that is only missing Jacob and Jennifer!
 I'm barefoot becuase I couldn't locate shoes-seriously.


No comments: