Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jordan is 5!


Jordan is officially 5 years old today! And when I started typing this, I accidentally put 6....I think I view Jordan as so similar to JD, I subconsciously bumped him up to be the same age as JD!  I think I'll keep that extra year, thank you very much!

Jordan is such a HAPPY kid!  He has always been that way, and it hasn't changed yet!  He has so much energy, and it is those two things that just make me love that kid so much!  We are not celebrating Jordan's birthday until the 16th since we have been out of town this weekend, but we did celebrate his birthday with cake, a song, and compliments all around.  I called him "birthday boy" all day at his request-he told me I was not allowed to call him Jordan!  We went to the zoo this morning with cousins, which Jordan loved, and it was a super way to celebrate his day.  I made him a special chocolate cake with a bat symbol on the front.  It looked awesome until I tipped the cake to get the excess sprinkles off. What I was not expecting was for the cake to slide out of the dish and onto my shirt.  Lucky catch.  I managed to get the cake back into the dish just fine, but the bat symbol was a total loss.  We re-frosted  and it was just as delicious, just a bit more memorable than I intended!  We look forward to celebrating Jordan's birthday on the 16th!  A few things we love about Jordan:
  1. Jordan loves JD.  They are best friends-they do absolutely everything together and I just love that.
  2. Jordan is a smart cookie.  He has learned so much in preschool and he has really blossomed this year.  He is beginning to sound out words and has enough sight words that he can read a short sentence if I ask him to.  He is much more interested in this than JD was, which is interesting-each kid is so different!
  3. Jordan is a natural at anything physical.  He climbs, jumps, runs, bounces, and wrestles (anyone) as frequently as possible.  
  4. Jordan doesn't like meat.  Isn't that weird?  If he turns up his nose at anything during dinner, it's not the veggies or fruit, it's the meat.  I make him eat it up of course, but it's definitely a nuance of his!
  5. Jordan loves superheroes, and he is fantastic at making sound effects when he fights action figures back and forth.  It is a skill, that's for sure!
  6. Jordan has huge feet.  While JD wears a size 13, Jordan wears a size 12 1/2.  He is average for weight and height, but his feet are just huge! I am expecting a growth spurt sometime in the very near future.
  7. Jordan loves to draw right now.  He prides himself on being the best color-er in preschool.
  8. Jordan is loving preschool.  He feels like the big kid in his class since he knows he gets to go to kindergarten next year. His teachers constantly tell me what a good helper he is, and I am so glad he is that responsible kid when he is out from under my watchful eyes.
  9. Jordan's speech is improving!  He still has some sounds he doesn't say, like his r's, but he is meeting his speech goals, and he is very understandable. I do believe his speech IEP will carry over to kinder at this point, but I am so glad he has been able to attend EMECEC the past year and a half-he has loved it.
  10. Jordan loves to make lunch.  He does it nearly every single day.  He's a pro at PB&Js!
Jordan, we love you and we are so grateful you are in our family!  Happy Birthday!


No comments: