Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fun Run 2013

Yesterday was the annual Fun Run at Karianna and JD's school.  The goal is to raise money per lap that the kids run, which then gets donated to the school for new technology.  It's always a huge deal at the school-they have "motivational athletes" who pump the kids up every day for a week until the actual run and then they set up a huge course on the field, complete with two tunnels.  The kids love it, and it's always an exciting event.
 This year I went to support the kids for two reasons.  First of all, I volunteered to be a ticker-mark how many laps kids ran.  Second of all, I wanted to make sure Karianna didn't get sick again.  Last year she came home with a fever, and I am sure it was because she got dehydrated.  I definitely did not want that to happen again.

It was great fun marking off laps as the kids ran. Karianna came to me each time she passed, and I was able to remind her to get a drink of water every five laps. JD had his fun run at a different time, and I could only stay for the first 5 minutes, but I wasn't so worried about him.  They both had such a great time, and it was great to be able to be there and cheer them on.

And since this was a big deal for them, here's their numbers:  JD ran 36 laps (which was the max).

Karianna ran 47 laps.

What do you say to that??????  I couldn't believe she racked up so many. The girl's a runner.  She had tons of extra marks on the back of her shirt!

Great job guys!

No comments: