I am a firm believer that if you are in California, you MUST go to a beach. How depressing to think of missing it? As soon as we passed into CA, I started looking at the mountains, thinking, "maybe that's the last mountain before you can see the ocean...." I just love the ocean-it is by far my favorite spot to visit. Last time we went to CA as a family, the kids didn't seem to care all that much for the ocean, so I came prepared to help my kids love it like I do-we talked it up, I asked them what they would like to do at the ocean rather than expecting things they wouldn't be willing to do, and I prepared myself to be flexible. I'm glad I did all those things because we had a blast at the ocean! We spent Saturday morning at the beach with Jared's family/extended family...I already miss it, but the memories we built were just fantastic. Presenting the ocean picture montage....
James just stared :) He was so cute, his little body up against the vast expanse of the ocean.
Sara loved the beach and the ocean-just not the actual water. :) The waves licked at her feet a bit, and she was done with the idea of wading!
Jordan and I built a sand castle together before the waves ate it up.
Karianna disappeared for a while with Jared's aunt. She came back with a basket full of shells. She intends to clean them off and then display them on her dresser...most of them are huge oyster shells.
And what kid goes to the beach and DOESN'T eat sand? Not James, that's for sure! Crazy thing is, you would figure after a few mouthfuls, he would realize it doesn't taste good and then just stop. Nope.
JD made a few tidal pools and had a blast watching the foam flood it!
So glad the kids fell in love with the beach today!
No comments:
Post a Comment