Saturday, December 3, 2011

We Go to the Ward Christmas Party

Our ward had the annual Christmas party on Friday.  It was a packed day for us since our little car was at the mechanic all day and we had to pick it up, as well as Jared, before getting over to the party.  We got there maybe 20 minutes late, but still managed to sit at a table as a family, in the front of all places, and there was still plenty of food left to satiate the kids' bellies.  I was a little bit disappointed at the festivities that actually followed dinner.  Our ward decided not to do a Santa, which made my kids sad.  We sang a few songs and Bishop shared a brief message (albeit a good one) and that was about it.  I think the funnest part of the evening for the kids was during clean up when they got to go run around the empty half of the gym playing tag and wall ball.  :)  I'm glad we got to go and support the ward though, and I am more than willing to do any Christmas festivity with the kids since I might be out of commission later.   I had a great idea AFTER the party in terms of combining Santa and the true meaning of Christmas, since that seemed to be the issue with having Santa attend the party....I'll have to share it for next year though, and we'll have to find a Santa to take pictures with somewhere!  For now, I took a few pics at the party, athough I don't think they are that great....the kids did get to decorate cookies for desert and one of the songs I mentioned above was sung by the primary children (at least the ones that were there-our primary is so small!).



No comments: