Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Songs

Today we were at church and I was super excited to see we were starting to sing Christmas songs.  I am going to miss church for the second half of the month, and I will really miss singing the Christmas songs.  Anyhow, I was so excited that I leaned over to JD to share the news.  I told him, "We are singing Christmas songs today!"  JD reacted just as excited as me!  His comment was, "Yea!  You mean like the Grinch song?"  He was disappointed when I told him that was not really appropriate at church.  However, JD was determined to get his innapropriate-Christmas-song in during the church block.  During the last testimony of the meeting, my ears pricked up to hear the following ditty being sung by my sneaky 5 year old:

Jingle bells, Batman smells!
Robin laid an egg!
Batmobile lost a wheel
And Joker got away-hey!

Seriously, the people behind us must think we are sooooooooo entertaining.

Speaking of which, the gentleman sitting right behind me and Sara made the monumental mistake of handing Sara a mint lifesaver, unbeknownst to me.  Sigh.  To all elderly people who are just trying to be kind-please don't.  As soon as Sara had it in her hand, I had two choices:  let her eat it and make a hugely sticky mess, or take it from her and deal with a fit.  I opted for the former because my belly already makes it hard to wrestle her during sacrament sans the fit.  So 20 minutes later, she had it dissolved enough to chew.  Remember that hugely sticky mess I mentioned?  Yeah.  That. 

End of the day though, Karianna sang all the Christmas hymns from memory (we have listened to Christmas music for a while now), JD colored a fantastic picture and wrote Scoobey and Shagey on the top of his paper, and Jared managed to keep Jordan in one place for the entire meeting.  Oh and Sara looked adorable.  Overall, not too bad of a sacrament meeting.

No comments: