The family got to visit James today for the first time-happy birthday James, you have 4 rambunctious, energetic, totally awesome siblings who want to cover you with slobbery kisses!
Such was true as the kids came with Jared to visit us in the hospital: Every single one of them just wanted to hold James, touch every open orifice on his face, and smother him with hugs. They were all so shocked at how teeny his fingernails were, though Karianna thought his toes were long. Jordan was sure he was never ever that little, and Sara's eyes, oh, they were huge as she stared at James! That age-old comparison to her baby dolls at home was completely encompassing her brain, of that I was sure! JD seemed proud. Proud to be connected to this new little baby. Too cute, I loved all their reactions!
Funny tidbit, though not for the prude of heart. I was changing James' diaper and both Jordan and JD took one look and exclaimed, "James has a really big penis!" They then proceeded to discuss how it was NOT appropriate for that body part to be that size and how neither one of them had genitals that big, nor did another member of our family who shall remain nameless.....Jared and I were cracking up at their conversation, at some point of their lives, they will understand that little boy private parts just happen to be swollen after birth, and that's just the facts of life!
All in all, our first moments as a family of 7 were wonderful! It was great to see the kids, I had really missed them. Although I wanted to see them longer, they only had about a 45 minute time span of relatively good behavior, so Jared took off with them after that. I am already looking forward to bringing James home and acclimating him into our family dynamic!
Jared hitched a ride from Becca later on that evening to come back to the hospital. We had two cars in the parking lot, and he needed to get one home. He brought Karianna back with him, which was great because all she wanted to do during the first visit was hold him! Daniel and Carly also came to visit James, so we managed to get pictures of all the babies in the picture-if we had Brenna and Shanna, we would have the entire round of babies, birthdates Feb 2011 through Dec 2011! This is the most spaced out an Erickson "round" has ever been, but it still counts! Cute cute babies, it is amazing how different they all are!
Love, Love, LOVE this shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment