WE started off the month of December by taking JD to the doctor. He has had terrible indigestional pain (aka, sicky poop) for 2 weeks now. That's a long time to deal with indigestional pain (aka, sicky poop). We tried him on a BRAT diet of sorts for a while, which seemed to help a bit, but the contents of the toilet were still watery, light green/white, and stinky. JD came home from school today just looking awful again and holding his bloated, distended tummy as if it was going to explode. It pretty much did when I got him to a toilet, but that was kind of the final straw-I made an after hours appointment for him at the doctor. Something is just not right with JD....his tummy has always been a bit bigger, but I always attributed that to his large rib cage, which both the boys get from Jared. But seeing his stomach so bloated, especially compared to his stick thin legs has been a warning flag for these last two weeks, as has been his depleted energy, apathy, and pasty skin tone.
The doctor who saw JD is being very preventetive, which I really appreciate-I know something is wrong, and I would like to know what it is. He managed to pee in a cup for the first time ever. He really didn't want me to tell anyone, but then consented to telling Jared as long as Karianna or Jordan never found out. :) No UTI, which I wasn't concerned about anyway. The big things he will need to do will have to be done at a lab next week and it will involve drawing blood, which I am nervous about for his sake. They are going to test for lactose intolerance, celiac disease, parasites, and any other food allergies (just doing a full allergy panel). For the time being, we are switching him to soy milk-oh wait, scratch that, JD hates soy milk. It is almond milk and vanilla flavored at that. JD knows it as silk milk, which is super cool because it rhymes. So far, he loves it, which I am so glad for since I knew he already didn't care for soy milk. If we discover JD has celiac, it is going to mean a big switch for our family to go gluten free-it will take a lot of research honestly because other than the cereal boxes that say "gluten free", I have no idea how to do that type of a diet.
Overall, I am hopeful we will get some answers. It is always super sad for me to see JD super sad....its just not like him. His Thanksgiving was spent in a lethargic stupor because he was on a limited BRAT diet and was running to the restroom every few hours to relieve his cramping stomach. I really hope taking this aggressive of a stand will get those answers.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment