Monday, December 19, 2011

The James Journey: Day 8

I can't think of a better way to start off this quick update than with this picture-isn't James so amazing? 

I'm going to let this mostly be a picture post, but I will update to say that the doctors told us today James will either be going home TODAY or TOMORROW!  Isn't that crazy?????  We are somewhat hesitant at this decision because it seems so quick!  He will only be 4-5 days post op!  We wonder if he will really be ready...maybe the best comment is we wonder if we will be ready.  As the day has gone on though, I feel comforted that I can take care of James as his mother, and I will continue to rely on the Lord in that sense.  As the day wears on, I am fairly certain we won't be going home today-they'd have to move fast logistically speaking to discharge us today.  So at this point, I am expecting tomorrow and just trying to prepare mentally for what that will mean.  I am so excited to get James home and acclimate him into our family.  The kids are dying to meet him without a hospital bed present and I am dying to let the kids see that he is okay.  I am nervous about keeping James in a germ free environment, especially with all the kids around.  I really want to get things "normal" again in our home. But like all other things, it will just be a process and we will need to remember that as we transition James home.

So as the pevious information suggests, James continues to do wondefully.  Each day more and more tubes come out, meds get detached, and color retuns to James' face.  I continue to be awed at James' resiliency and his fight to recover.  I can hardly believe that Christmas will most likely find our family all together. I can't imagine a better Christmas present than that.  We are so grateful to the Lord, regardless of the timeline we are on, that James is doing so well.  Anyhow, here's some pics though the day.  I will do my best to keep updating, though I imagine it might be hard once we get home. 







1 comment:

Jilly Bean said...

Rachel, thanks for sharing your journey. Thank you for expressing your poignant feelings and iron strong faith in the Lord. I find it difficult to express my strong emotions, you do it so beautifully. Your faith and determination as a mother strengthen me as I read. Thank you again for sharing. I'll add more prayers for your little James, as well as the rest of the family!