There's something about both Jared and I working, doing childcare during the day, riding the bus, or whatever other changes we've made in the last week and a half, that has changed the kids. Duh, obvious statement right? But its a cool, interesting change: in the face of this adversity, the kids have totally bonded together with eachother. When I get them home and they finish chores/homework/snack, they have been playing together much more ardently than usual. Karianna and JD are best friends right now-they do everything together. JD just asked Karianna to read him a story, even though she was obviously otherwise occupied and she said, "Sure, just hang on a second....no, I'll finish this later, lets read it now". I was pretty shocked, she's usually not that accomodating! They go outside with Jordan and Sara and play some made up game every single day-for a looooong time! Jordan and Sara apparently have been best buds at childcare houses-playing so much together and I see that at home as well. Its been wonderful to see them so engaged together-this has been a lifesaver so I can lay down and rest every now and then!
This inreased commradery has lead to a lot more screaming and yelling (in play), so I've had to learn to relax a bit about the noise levels-I have to remind myself, this is them bonding. Its a cool thing to see really!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment