Well, I had my first real check up today with my OB to see if I am progressing towards labor at all. I am 1 day shy of 36 weeks, so I was hoping I would be a 1 or a 2...I was just hoping to NOT hear "fingertip dilated", because that's just a huge tease. I figured all the fake contractions I have been dealing with over the last few months had to have been doing something! Well, the good doctor says that I am 3-4 cm dilated and at a -2 station.....she could feel the baby's head. I am 50% effaced as well. I usually start progressing early, but I gotta say, I have never been this far already at 36 weeks. Kind of scary when I consider in all past pregnancies, once I hit a 4ish, I move towards delivery really fast.
So what this means is I need to do some prepping. :) I already have my bag started, but I'll probably finish it up and keep it in my trunk just in case I go into labor at school. We have a lot of family help right now with our childcare situation anyway, but we'll probably try to nail down when exactly everyone is available this weekend. I need to get my bedroom clean. :) I have no idea how our room gets the messiest, hands down. I also need to finalize lesson plans for the rest of the semester, including holiday activities, and probably copy them off so they are ready to go. I have everything ready for long term sub stuff, but I guess I should be ready if I need to hand the reins over sooner than I am anticipating. Everything at home-all set and ready to go, hospital registration is ready, doctor is on call so to speak.....just a few last minute ends to tie up and the point is: I am at the last minute apparently.
Of course, I could very well spend the next 3 weeks at a 3-4, with baby hanging out way down low...I'm just not sure if that is very plausible since I am still working! As such, we'll just be prepared and pray James and I are healthy through the whole process. Right now my goal is to keep him in my belly for the next week-I would like to get to 37 weeks so he is full term. I do have an induction date of Dec. 15th set up if I get there-my doctor just does not think I will hit that. But, if I do, that will be the day we plan to go in to get the ball rolling.
All in all, the end is in sight! I'm glad I have been preparing, and our family (nuclear and extended) has been preparing. I feel comforted to know everything will be as it should be, and the aftermath will help our famly grow as I get to come home with the kids. We'll see what the next week brings-next appointment is Tuesday!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment