Friday, November 11, 2011

Chilly Weather and Fires

I love when the chilly nighttime air finally settles around our home...it means we can start using the fireplace! 

With the temperatures finally dropping this past week, we have done a few fires.  The kids grab their blankies, their favorite movies, pillows, and we all snuggle on the couches with the firelight dancing on the walls.  This night, however, the kids didn't want a movie.  Instead, Jared started telling them scary stories.  I thought, uh oh, this is going to backfire.  But being the awesome story teller that he is, Jared made the "scary stories" not so scary....it was just the ambiance of his voice and the aura of the firelight that made it seem scarier than it ever was.  The kids all took turns telling stories, I loved to hear the transition words in JDs stories, and Karianna cracked me up when she started her story with, "Now, I'm not sure if I remember this story all the way, my brain is a little fuzzy on the details...."  It was such a sweet moment, just because they were all...bonding.  Made me smile!

No comments: