Friday, November 11, 2011

Another one in a Big Bed!

Given that Sara sleeps in a big girl bed while at her childcare houses, I knew it was just time to put her into a big girl bed at home too.  We've had this bed set up in her room since August, but I've also had some storage boxes in her room for months and months that were full of things 2 year olds should not play with.  I have been saying for a while, as soon as I get those boxes gutted and out of her room, we'll put her in the big girl bed!  But then school started, I got more and more pregnant, and it got put on the back burner. 

Well, last weekend I just bit the dust and gutted those boxes out.  We rearranged Sara's room a bit and when 7:30 came around, it was big girl bedtime!  That first night, Sara didn't get out of bed at all-she was always in the same position that I left her in.  The second night, Sara still didn't get out of bed at all, but we could hear her singing to herself.  Same thing for the third and fourth nights....and basically, ever since.  I did go in to check on her one night before going to bed myself and she was passed out on the floor, but otherwise, she hasn't destroyed her bookcase, emptied her toy box, or massacred her changing table (which really is only used to hold diapers and wipes.  I'll take that as a good transition!

Overall, Sara seems to love it in her big bed.  When I wake her up in the morning, she is usually sitting up with her sippy and a few dolls in her lap.  When I wake her up from nap at my mom's house, she is sitting up reading books.  Nothing around the room ever seems out of place!  Just great progress, and a nice big check that I can add to my to-do list! 

She must have thought the corner was more comfortable than the pillow-this was taken around midnight the first night.
 Just waking up after the first night, hee hee!


 Um, you can ignore the naked baby doll.  Clifford is kind of like her bumper in case she starts rolling (she's not a huge move in bed anyway).
 She always sleeps with her hands up and over her head!
 Sleeping Beauty!

No comments: