Going back to Karianna's birthday again.... :) Sorry I need these pictures on here for the sake of my blog book!!!
I think we are going to be forever stuck in the tradition of doing a quiet family party for each birthday and a loud extended family party for each birthday! Its one of the joys of living close to family in my opinion-if you haven't gathered already, I love that my kids are good friends with their cousins, so anytime we can pull them all together, I am pushing for it!

Our quiet family party for Karianna this year seemed extra special to me for some reason. Karianna is so much more aware of what birthdays mean and what they are all about, so it was extra fun to celebrate her. We had a good countdown going the entire month to her birthday. On the morning of, I went to school with Karianna and we handed out popsicles to all of her classmates. Talk about fun times! I was so tickled to see Karianna in her own little social circle. Maybe it was the birthday factor, but it was so cute to see all the kids vying over who got to sit next to Nana, and to hear them all telling her when their birthday was, etc. I always worried how Karianna would do with making friends, and I have no worries about that after the popsicle adventure! I wish I had remembered to bring my camara though....

That evening we proceeded with the quiet family party by making Karianna's birthday treat-cinnamin rolls. Karianna doesn't like cake-she eats the frosting and is done with it. Thus we made some yummy cinnamin rolls, and Karianna helped me frost them. It was honestly a perfect birthday treat, I would take that over cake anyday!

Karianna opened a few presents with her brothers at her side, completely going nuts over a High School Musical doll, a CD/book set, and a High School Musical blanket (this girlie is obsessed with HSM!). She also really liked a charm necklace that came with 7 different charms. She loves putting a "new" necklace on every day for school as a result!

After blowing up the cinnamin roll candles, we all dug in...I was pretty impressed with Jared's new diet willpower, he only ate half of one (who ate the other half you ask? Um, no comment.). I was also pretty impressed with Jordan and JD for eating their entire rolls....WOW! Guess that's the boy factor for you! We had a great time afterwards opening Karianna's new treasures and finding good places for them in her room. You could tell that she felt very special, and that was just the best part of the party for her!

As I was putting Karianna to bed that night, she informed me of some things that she gets to do now that she was five. She said she gets to watch Little Nemo because it certainly won't scare a big five year old (its a great, yet potentially scary film). She said she gets to stay up until 9:00 now that she is five. She also apparently gets to go on a date with Carter because she is closer to 16 now. I'm willing to negotiate that because she added that she won't kiss him yet...silly goose! Those are just a few of the things she feels entitled to, and I just love how grown up she is getting!
This fifth year was such a big year for Karianna, and I am so glad we got to celebrate with her as a family unit! We love you Nana! Pictures of the loud extended family party to follow!
1 comment:
Ha ha, anyone noticed that I typed "blow UP the birthday candles" instead of blow out? I thought it was funny, so I am not going to edit it :)
Post a Comment