
Last year Jared's Grandmother gave us a huge vat of honey for Christmas in the name of food storage. I really had no idea what to do with it, other than knowing at some point I would need to get it into jars.

Today JD and I decided to dive in and jar the honey! Tricky endeavor that is, considering I was enlisting the help of a three year old to transfer a very sticky substance from one container to another using only a ladle.

I ended up being so very impressed with JD; he did a great job listening to the directions and his hand eye coordination was spot-on! He filled up 4 jars all by himself and we ended up with a total of 14 mason jars of honey. I think we might have had enough for a 15th jar if JD hadn't licked so much of it off his fingers...

The proudest moment of the day, however, came once I had cleaned up the kitchen: you couldn't tell at all that we had just jarred a ton of honey. No stickiness to speak of! If that doesn't sound like a very big deal, it is in our family since Jared has a very real phobia of being sticky in any way, shape or form. All in all, JD and I had a great time working together! It was a great way to spend time with him and to simply enjoy his company.
No comments:
Post a Comment