Thursday, October 22, 2009

We're all Even

Jared and I ventured out of the house on Monday with Sara and the boys. Our mission? Haircuts for the boys! Dangerous venture, considering neither of them have ever had official haircuts and considering both of them dislike Jared's trimmer. However, I am mature enough to realize that I have little skill when it comes to cutting boys' hair on my own, so the time came to get it all evened out once and for all! I need someone to teach me how to cut boys' hair-any takers?
Once we were at Great Clips and had ensured that the two employees were up to the challenge, I opted to sit with Jordan, since I fully expected him to be the most difficult customer. Jared hung out with JD while Sara snoozed in her carseat. Turns out that Jared had a lot more to deal with than I did-JD cried the ENTIRE time while Jordan didn't utter a peep! JD thankfully wasn't doing anything like a tantrum; he held still, just whimpered big crocodile tears the entire time.

Jordan just sat in my lap and stared at himself in the mirror while the scissores went snip, snip, snip, and the trimmer went buzz, buzz, buzz. I think it helped that I called the trimmer a machine (the humidifier in his bedroom is also a machine, and Jordan thinks that thing is way cool...I think he associated the trimmer with the humidifier. Who'da thought?). Both boys were well rewarded at the end though-suckers all around and big tears were replaced with sticky sucker residue and multicolored tongues. Lovely!

So despite the raw emotions, both boys now have nice, even haircuts and I have a goal to learn how to cut boys' hair by the time they need another trim! Great job brothers-what handsome kiddos I have!

No comments: