Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hi-I'm your Big Brother!



After having something similar to the flu for a week, Jordan is finaly well enough to meet baby Sara! Jordan started developing flu symptoms the day Sara was born. He couldn't come to the hospital to visit her, he couldn't hold her on her homecoming day, and he hasn't been allowed to touch her or come new her since. Thankfully, he is finally fever and cough free, and as such, got to bond with Sara last night as every big brother should!

Watching him hold Sara for the first time was hilarious. When I put her on his lap, he just stared at her with his hands up in the air, like he wanted to touch, but something was holding him back. I think he was working overtime to connect the dots between doll and living human being...tricky busines, that is. After a few moments, he started pointing out various body parts and flashing me huge smiles as Sara became more real to him. Hugs and kissies between the two were just precious. It was a sweet experience to witness and I truly believe Jordan will be a great big brother to Sara!

No comments: