Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Worth Mentioning

We had such a busy weekend! I've obvoiusly blogged about the Father's Day events, which were great fun! But here's a couple of other things I thought I'd mention just for fun!
On Friday night we decided to invest in a bike trailer. We found this one at Target for 80 bucks, it can turn into a stroller and was pretty easy to attach. Of course, that all doesn't really matter unless it works good. The verdict? This thing is THEE coolest invention on the face of the planet! I love it and the kids potentially love it even more! So on Saturday Karianna and I took the maiden voyage down to the pool-about a 3 mile ride with a swim in between. It was just so fun, this is going to be a several-times-a-week activity!

Even though everyone already knows about our Father's Day, I had to show off one of the things we did for Jared because it was so cool. We got this picture frame from Michaels, it comes with "special" markers that when used on the frames "special" top coat become permanant. So we got to create our own picture from for Jared-I interviewed the kids and just wrote all their comments. It was a lot of fun! If anyone is looking for cute crafts with Michaels, go to www.michaels.com/theknack

And finally, yesterday was a...day. It got progressively harder as the hours passed. In the morning we went to Harkins for the kid movie-Shrek the Third, which I have never seen and didn't particularly like its irreverence, but the kids thought it was hilarious and sat amazingly still! That part of the day was great. Then we had to go to a double doctor appointment for JD and Jordan, which means Karianna has to come. If taking three small children to the doctor isn't bad enough, the appointments were at 1:00-smack dab during naptime. Gross. Hard stuff right there! All the kids wanted to do was fight, say no, and throw the cushions off the chairs. Several shots did not help the situation. Sheez louise, I needed a break. Seems like that became the theme of the day henceforth-"My toy! NO, my toy! Mine! DON'T!" So in order to maintain my own sanity, I finally found an activity for Karianna and JD to do that for some reason diminished the fighting. It involved teacups, spoons, macoroni noodles, and a huge mess, which I graciously let Karianna clean up (she thought it was a fun follow up activity since I gave her a little broom and dustpan. Thank heavens that still works).

So busy day, and busy weekend, but all is well and I love my kids, even on the days when they are very obviously teaching me patience!

1 comment:

Rebecca and Eric MantanoƱa said...

Alright for the bike trailer! I tell Eric that besides my new camera, that is one of my favorite things we have bought! And with the doctor's appointments, I took all three kids to Kaitlynn's 18 month appointment, and that was the last time I will do that again if I can help it! I also thought Shrek III was very irreverent, but of course they all are. They just get more and more adult. But like your kids, Elizabeth and kaitlynn think it's hilarious!